This explains what happens to any personal data you provide, or that is collected from whilst visiting our site.
We do from time to time update this policy so please do revisit this policy.
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you
- Information relating to the use of our site, specific details may include pages viewed and any resources you access. This information may include traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information you provide voluntarily, for example when you fill out a contact form.
- Information you provide when you choose to communicate with us by any means.
We may also gather data about your general internet use by using a cookie. When used these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the hard drive. No such data will identify you personally. This data is purely statistical data and as such does not contain any personal details.
You may adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies should you wish. This can be easily done and by activating the reject cookie settings on your computer. Advice on how to do this can be found readily available on the internet.
Use of your Information
We use the information that we’ve collect to provide our services to you. Additionally we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you requested from us.
- To provide information relating to other services or products that maybe of interest to you, such information will only be offered where you have provided consent.
- To inform you of changes to our website, services or products.
If you have previously purchased goods from us or used our services, we may in future provide you with details of similar goods or service, that may interest you.
If you have provided consent in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to contact you with information about other goods or services that may or may not be of interest to you.
Personal Data Storage
During our website operation, it may be necessary to transfer your data to locations outside the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transferring, processing and storing. Please be assured we do our up most to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to store your data securely.
The sending of information over the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of your data that you choose to send us, sending such data is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event we sell in part or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your personal information by law.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold regarding you. Should you wish to view this information we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover administration costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Yorkshire Museum of Farming
(& Danelaw Centre for Living History)